Wow I can't believe that a year has gone by and I find myself faced with the adventures of a new year. How exciting! I love January, it is a fresh start, a time to reflect and a time to make changes. I have been thinking alot latley about what things need to be improved on in my life...and there are many. So many that at times it feels like too big of a task to undertake. LOL! But I will choose a few things this year and make them a priority to improve upon. So here is to a fresh start and to bettering ourselves.
Christmas has come and gone and what a whirlwind of a few weeks it was! My house was filled with excitement, too much food, laughter, many loud voices, present, wrapping paper, family and friends. It was great. I loved the way we did Christmas this year. We were able to be at our own home and put our kids to sleep in their own beds. It was so fun to see the excitement on their faces as the bolted down the stairs to see what Santa had given them. I was very impressed with how grateful they were for what they had been given. Carson kept saying thank you and "this is the BEST Christmas EVER!" I had Christmas dinner here at my house later in the day and it was so nice to have my family with us. The kids had fun playing together and we all enjoyed visiting. I realized just how truly blessed I am. I thought about all those families or people who didn't have a warm place to spend Christmas, a Christmas meal to eat, and presents to open. It made my heart ache for those people and my heart swell for all that I have been given. I thought about the items we donated to a family in need and it made me feel good to know that at least one family wouldn't be going hungry or without presents when they otherwise would have. There is nothing better than serving at Christmas...but I need to do it all throughout the year as well....one of my goals for this year. Now on to a few pictures:





0 comments:
Post a Comment