Jan 8, 2010

Routine...

I like routine...always have. I seem to do the same things in the exact same order everyday. And when the routine gets messed up it throws me off kilter. I loved the Christmas holidays. They were busy, hectic, a blur, loud, and chaotic. The routine was broken..demolished...non existent. I was happy when the 2 weeks came to an end and the routine started again. Kids off to school, beds made, kitchen clean, piano practised, books read, bed time routine, scriptures read, and ME time. The kids have been less crazy and so have I. LOL!

I am so very thankful this week for answers to prayer, for miracles. For 3 healthy, beautiful children. As I have had a friend in mind all week who had to have an emergency c-section and her baby was only 1lb. 7oz. I reflected on the birth of my children. It was such a happy, exciting time. Sure each delivery had a few scary moments, Tyson had to have the vacuum and Carson wasn't breathing when he came out but after a few moments they were screaming, pink and healthy. I can't imagine what her and her husband are going through as they were told their baby would die if it wasn't taken from her womb. And then knowing that he still didn't have much of a chance once he entered the world. I was relieved when I heard that this tiny baby was breathing on his own and that he was slowly gaining weight. They do have a long road ahead of them, a long hospital stay, and I am sure many sleepless nights, but it seems their worst fear is over, he will live! We are all thankful for that!

My sister introduced me to this musical artist awhile ago and I just love her music. Check her out on iTunes. My favourite song of hers right now is "If only I had today." It really makes me think about what is important in life. Is it really important if my house is spic and span when I ignored the child that wanted a story read? I think not. Our children are only little for so long, they only think mom & dad are "cool" for so long. They are only teachable and receptive for so long. I don't want to look back on my life in 20 years and regret and thing " I should have..." spent more time with them, listened to them more, played with them more. Life is busy, hectic and very demanding, and sometimes I loose site of what is important. Thank goodness for simple sweet reminders that help me put things back into perspective. Life is good, prayers are answered and miracles happen everyday.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Amen to that! For sure.

Keep us posted about your friends baby. That one pulled at my heart strings. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers too.

Andy said...

Great post Jodi.Thanks for the reminder.

Christal said...

awesome post! loved it! You are so right!! Hope you have a wonderful 2010