As of late I have been on a crocheting spree. I can't get enough. My hands like to be busy and they have been SO busy crocheting that now I fear I have carpal tunnel in my right hand. or that I may develop arthritis. Oh well it is for a good cause. I have made my boys several hats, invented my own way to add ear flaps too. Grace has so many hats she could wear a different one every day of the week. Now that my kids are all decked out in head gear I have started making them for friends. My deal...they buy the yard...I make the hats. Sounds like a great deal to me!
Now that my friends kids are decked out in hats I have started making preemie hats and donated them to the Foothills Hospital in Calgary where I have a friend who is there with her preemie baby. These ity bity hats are SO cute! I have enjoyed every moment crocheting them, knowing that somewhere some baby's little head is going to stay warm. It is good to help others, even those we don't know. I have no idea what families those little hats are going to, or who's baby is going to wear one. But it is a great feeling to know that maybe in some small way I may have brightened someones day.
I have found some great websites with FREE crochet patterns. For all you crochet enthusiast have fun looking at all these fun things you can make.
And I am currently working on this...SO CUTE & EASY!
I have also started making dish cloths. Crochet dish cloths are the BEST! They are a great project for someone who is just learning to crochet. I found a whole bunch of FREE patterns here!
Just found this pattern...aren't' they SO cute!
If you haven't tried a new craft/hobby...DO IT! Even though we have graduated from High School, College or University doesn't mean now we stop learning. Try something that you have always wanted to. Do your brain some good and put it to work but learning or trying something new. Or just get better at something you like to do.
Happy Crafting!



4 comments:
What a beautiful talent you have discovered!
And I just discovered that your heart is even bigger and warmer than I knew it was in the first place. ; D
What a wonderful project!!
I have to admit I'm getting teary thinking of the preemies with your hats on their tiny little heads. Thank you for sharing your talent and example. Someday I MAY give crocheting a try again. Let me know if you start selling the hats too.
Those are beautiful way to give your talent to such a worthy and beautiful cause! You are so awesome and so blessing the lives of others! Mine would be blessed with some of those apple dish clothes so dang cute!! totally joking!! But all of them are so cute! great job jodi you are awesome!!
Great job sis, I am sure those families are really thankful. Keep it up. I think you need to teach your sister now.
Post a Comment