Apr 4, 2007

Candy Bouqets...

While reading Sophia's blog the other day I found this adorable craft that she had made. Spring Candy Bouquets. I thought this would be a great present for Tyson's 4 pre-school teachers. After rushing around the city trying to find what I needed I had to email Sophia and ask her exactly how she put the baskets together and what supplies she used. I never thought she would give me a personal phone call all the way from Utah...but she did! She is just that kind of person...always willing to help someone. Even though we have never met in person I have been an avid blog reader of hers for about 2 years now, so I feel I know her, just by reading about her daily life. She is a great example to me! So THANKS Sophia for taking time out of your busy day to give me a call. So this is what my baskets look like. I had fun making them, although they were a bit time consuming. I didn't' have a handy flower punch like Sophia so I had to hand cut all the flowers. But it was worth it. I found most of the other stuff at a new dollar store called "Dollarama." It is awesome...except when I went to pay I found out that they don't accept debit, only cash. Who carries cash around with them these days? I sure don't. So I had to load the kids back up and head to the nearest bank where I paid a $1.50 just to get cash out because it wasn't the bank I bank at. Oh well I had to have the stuff at the store so I spared no expense.
Supplies: Baskets from Dollorama, Green Easter Grass, Flowers were cut our of Stampin Up paper, BBQ Skewers, Florist Tape, Floral Foam, Ribbon, Glue Gun, and of course CANDY!
Instructions: Cut floral foam to fit inside the basket. Stuff with grass. Using floral tape wrap it tightly around each BBQ skewer, cut to desired lengths. Cut out flowers either with a punch or trace them on and hand cut them out. Take a skewer and pierce it through the paper flower and then through the chocolate. Poke through the grass and into the foam. Repeat until basket is full with flowers. Tie bows with ribbon and glue gun them on to the flower stems. This candy bouquet can be adapted for many occasions. Have fun!

0 comments: