I am reading the powerful and uplifting book called, "Better Than You Think You Are," by Ardeth G. Kapp. I am only half way in to it, but I can feel the power in her words, and I am so filled with the spirit of the book. It is just awesome. Sometimes, and quite often we as women don't think we do enough. That we could always do more, be more than what we are. This book so eloquently tells each of us that we ARE better than what we think we are. We are so good, and do so much good for others. We are way to hard on ourselves, and need to take the time to recognize all the good that we DO, and not worry so much about what we DON'T do. In reading the book today I came across this quote and I just love it.
"This earth life is not intended to be an easy climb, and the shoreline is not always visible. But when we believe the top of the highest peak is real and the shoreline (whatever the distance) is somehow within our reach, the effort will never be too great."
Life sure isn't easy all the time, but I know that in the end, all of my trial and struggles will be worth my reward in the end. Your attitude and outlook on life can sure determine how you will overcome the obstacles that will evidently affect your life. I am so thankful for so many things in my life. I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband who loves me with all his heart. Everything he does, he does for me, and for our beautiful boys. I have to beautiful children who truly are a gift from God. I remember so many times wondering if I was ever going to be a mother, and I thank God daily for making my dreams come true when he blessed me with these choice spirits. I am blessed with a loving family who supports me in all I do. I have 2 wonderful parents who raised me in a home that was full of love, where nothing was more important than our family. I am thankful for good friends, who love me inspite of my short comings. Who accept me for who I am, and know the intentions of my heart. I am so thankful for many opportunities to use my God given talents. I truly have been blessed, and each and everyday I see God's hand in many small and simple things that have and will continue to affect my life for the good.



2 comments:
Sounds like a great book. That is a very hard concept to get by people.
Hmm.. thanks for the thoughts..
Post a Comment