Oct 19, 2005

When Nothing Seems To Work...

My little 10 month (almost) old baby is 99% of the time very happy. He is so content all the time, and just a happy go lucky kind of baby. He is happy to bounce in his jolly jumper, or crawl all over the house exploring. He hardly EVER cries, and when he does you know that he either is hungry or tired. So today Tiffany and I decided to head into the city and take the kids to the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" ( I DON'T recommend it!) We stopped at McDonald's playland first for a bite to eat. Carson began to be a bit fussy and nothing I did would sooth him. I just thought he was tired and once we go into the car he would fall asleep. BOY WAS I WRONG! He cried non stop for over 2 hours! Yes 2 hours!!! I tried to go to the movie but he was so unhappy that I spent the entire time walking the halls, outside, or in the car. Finally I gave up and went and washed my car...only to have it rain the instant I got out of the car wash. I figure Carson is teething. He is getting 3 teeth ALL AT ONCE! Poor little guy. Nothing I did would calm him down. I felt completely helpless, and my nerves where shot. So I came to the conclusion that nothing I did was going to help the little guy and that eventually he would cry himself to sleep from pure exhaustion. I even gave him an extra big dose of Tylenol, and that didn't even seem to help. Finally on the car ride home...4 hours from the time we left, he fell asleep and he is still sleeping peacefully. My only concern now is that when he wakes up he is going to be miserable again. I wouldn't mind it so much if I wasn't having a house full of women come over for a party tonight. And to top it off Tyler has meetings so he won't be around to help me. Tyson is also sleeping, which means he won't want to go to be at his regular time. So basically...I am not looking forward to when my two angels wake up. I hate teething! It isn't' fun at all...and it really tests a mother's patience and nerves. And it makes a parent feel so helpless! I hope my little guy is feeling better once he has had a good sleep!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

awww... you poor girl. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be. But don't worry, you're doing a great job, and this too shall pass (so much easier to say when you're not the one dealing with the teething baby, I know).

Melanie said...

I hope you are doing ok Jodi! Poor little guy (and mommy). Do you have any chew toys or something (teething biscuits, cookies) you can throw into the freezer that he can suck/naw on? That seemed to help my cousins tons!

Ok so chew toys isnt the best word for those things! It sounds like a puppy toy! Sorry that is all I could think of though!