I have never been a practical joker, I have the worst poker face ever, and find it very difficult to try and pull a straight face without breaking out into laughter. I have conjured up big plans or ideas in my head to try and attempt to pull of a prank, but have always failed due to my inability of fooling anyone. April Fools Day has never been a day that I look forward to, in fact it often comes and goes without even a thought. Well today...all that changed! Tyler and I spent the night at his parents ranch after staying up into the wee hours of the night playing cards and visiting. By the time we finally rested our heads on the pillow after settling a fussy baby, we were exhausted. Before I knew it, children were awake and ready to eat and play. Tyler is a morning person, and finds it easy to function with little sleep. I on the other hand will take every opportunity to sleep in, and take advantage of Tyler being home to get up with the kids so I can get a few more minutes of shut eye. While enjoying a peaceful slumber, I heard the words, "Jodi, where is the car?" I bolted up out of bed, not quite sure if I heard Tyler right, or if I was only dreaming. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs, and looked out the window and sure enough our car was GONE! I had gotten into the habit of leaving my keys in the car when we visit the ranch, I never in a million years thought that it wouldn't be safe. My heart sunk, I began to panic, and a million scenarios ran through my mind. How were we going to pay for another vehicle? What about my purse, it had all my personal info in it, not to mention my credit and debit cards. Immediately I told Tyler to call his dad at work, he is a guard at the police station. Soon Tyler was on the phone and told his dad that our car was gone, and to notify the officer on duty. Very soon after an officer called and asked to speak to me. He began asking me various question about our car. What make, model, year, and color it was. I also told him that I had made the mistake of leaving the keys in the car, and he began to tell me that the insurance company wasn't going to look to kindly on that. He then informed me that earlier in the night another officer recovered a green vehicle from the Indian Reserve, but it was very beaten up, and he would have to read the report to determine if the car was ours. Then he proceeded to ask me if I had looked in the barn...and I said no! After that I knew this was a very cruel joke. After I got off the phone everyone yelled "April Fools!" Those little stinkers. They had me going, and were relishing in every minute of it. How very, very thankful I am that it was only a joke. I have no idea what we would have done if in reality our car was stolen. I don't even want to think about what a burden that would have brought to Tyler and I. So the joke was on me, and they pulled it off. I have to wonder though...was this just a way for Tyler to get me out of bed? I believe it was, and it worked!
Now for a wonderful recipe I thought I would share.
Decedent Triple Chocolate Desert
1 c. Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4. margarine
3 squares Bakers chocolate
1/4 c. Eagle Brand Milk
2 pkgs. Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 c. milk
1 tub Cool Whip
1. Melt margarine and add to cookie crumbs. Place in bottom of 8x8 pan to make the crust.
2. Melt chocolate and then add Eagle Brand Milk. Pour over cookie crumb crust. This will be the fudge layer.
3. Combine pudding with 2 cups milk. Whip with wire whisk, Pudding will be very thick. Spoon & spread 1/2 the pudding over fudge layer.
Now for a wonderful recipe I thought I would share.
Decedent Triple Chocolate Desert
1 c. Oreo cookie crumbs
1/4. margarine
3 squares Bakers chocolate
1/4 c. Eagle Brand Milk
2 pkgs. Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 c. milk
1 tub Cool Whip
1. Melt margarine and add to cookie crumbs. Place in bottom of 8x8 pan to make the crust.
2. Melt chocolate and then add Eagle Brand Milk. Pour over cookie crumb crust. This will be the fudge layer.
3. Combine pudding with 2 cups milk. Whip with wire whisk, Pudding will be very thick. Spoon & spread 1/2 the pudding over fudge layer.
4. With the remaining 1/2 of the chocolate pudding, mix it with 1/2 the cool whip. Spread onto of chocolate layer.
5. Spread remaining cool whip on top.
6. Refridgerate for 3 hours. ENJOY!



1 comments:
oooh I will definitely try that recipe, thanks!
Post a Comment