It has been a few days since I have blogged, I guess nothing too exciting has been happening. Tyler hasn't been working the past few weeks, just a few days here and there. It is Spring break-up time in the oil patch, which means lots of days off. But thankfully the ground is drying up and he will be back to work within the next few days. Funny guy was contemplating getting a 2nd job as a delivery man. LOL! We have enjoyed his time off, but now I say, "time to go back to work!"
Today is Good Friday. What a great day to take time to reflect on its meaning. To think that today, so many many years ago Christ was hung on the cross to suffer for the sins of the world. What a monumental day in history, a day that I will be eternally grateful for. The atonement is something that I hold dear to my heart, an act that I don't fully comprehend the magnitude of, but yet I am thankful for my savior's unselfish devotion to human kind, and for his sacrifice. To think that 3 days later, on Sunday he rose from the tomb to declare that he is the resurrected Christ. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that I too may be resurrected one day.
With Easter brings other traditions that are more "worldly." Dying Easter eggs, egg hunts, the Easter bunny, candy, new Sunday clothes etc. One tradition that Tyson and I love doing each year is dying eggs, and we have been doing it since his very first Easter. Tyson especially loved the bright colors we managed to produce this year, I finally read the directions on the package and learned that vinegar with enhance the color of the dye. Tyson's favorite color is blue, and we couldn't get enough blue eggs! He had fun
putting stickers on them, and placing them ever so carefully in his Easter basket.
I remember as a child getting a new Easter dress. We didn't get many new dresses but we always got one on Easter and one for Christmas. I remember inparticular one year both my sister and I got matching polka dot dresses for Easter. They were so "girly" and I loved mine. It was white with pastel colored polka dots on it. We also got new white shoes. It seemed the rule was once Easter came we could wear our white shoes, and the after labor day, they were put back in the closet for another season. It is funny the things you remember from your childhood.

Yesterday (Thursday), Tyson had a parent pre-school field trip where we went to a neighboring town to take a ride on a mini train. They also had farm animals that the kids could feed & pet. The kids LOVED it! What child doesn't like trains, and what made it more special was that they each got to have a
ride or 2 on it. It was large enough to fit 6 children in the small car behind the engine. The train track ran through the property of the residents, and it was complete with a bridge. Even Carson enjoyed himself. He wasn't scared or shy at all when a little goat came right up behind him. I was amazed at how well behaved & friendly those little goats were, they were SO cute! It was a GREAT day, the only thing that could have made it just a bit better was if the wind wouldn't have been blowing 100mph, but that is what we have come to expect here in southern Alberta.
Today is Good Friday. What a great day to take time to reflect on its meaning. To think that today, so many many years ago Christ was hung on the cross to suffer for the sins of the world. What a monumental day in history, a day that I will be eternally grateful for. The atonement is something that I hold dear to my heart, an act that I don't fully comprehend the magnitude of, but yet I am thankful for my savior's unselfish devotion to human kind, and for his sacrifice. To think that 3 days later, on Sunday he rose from the tomb to declare that he is the resurrected Christ. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that I too may be resurrected one day.
With Easter brings other traditions that are more "worldly." Dying Easter eggs, egg hunts, the Easter bunny, candy, new Sunday clothes etc. One tradition that Tyson and I love doing each year is dying eggs, and we have been doing it since his very first Easter. Tyson especially loved the bright colors we managed to produce this year, I finally read the directions on the package and learned that vinegar with enhance the color of the dye. Tyson's favorite color is blue, and we couldn't get enough blue eggs! He had fun
putting stickers on them, and placing them ever so carefully in his Easter basket.I remember as a child getting a new Easter dress. We didn't get many new dresses but we always got one on Easter and one for Christmas. I remember inparticular one year both my sister and I got matching polka dot dresses for Easter. They were so "girly" and I loved mine. It was white with pastel colored polka dots on it. We also got new white shoes. It seemed the rule was once Easter came we could wear our white shoes, and the after labor day, they were put back in the closet for another season. It is funny the things you remember from your childhood.

Yesterday (Thursday), Tyson had a parent pre-school field trip where we went to a neighboring town to take a ride on a mini train. They also had farm animals that the kids could feed & pet. The kids LOVED it! What child doesn't like trains, and what made it more special was that they each got to have a
ride or 2 on it. It was large enough to fit 6 children in the small car behind the engine. The train track ran through the property of the residents, and it was complete with a bridge. Even Carson enjoyed himself. He wasn't scared or shy at all when a little goat came right up behind him. I was amazed at how well behaved & friendly those little goats were, they were SO cute! It was a GREAT day, the only thing that could have made it just a bit better was if the wind wouldn't have been blowing 100mph, but that is what we have come to expect here in southern Alberta.


0 comments:
Post a Comment