Apr 17, 2006

Oprah...HERE I COME!

I have been a devote Oprah fan for as long as I can remember. She is a woman I look up to, a woman who has done so much good in this world. A woman who realizes the importance of Motherhood, even though she isn't a mother herself. I remember watching a show of hers where she had Phil Keoghan from the Amazing Race, and he was mentioning his list of things to do before he dies. He inspired me to make a mental list of things that I wanted to do before I die. Well I am going to be able to cross one of those items off my list because...on May 3rd, I am going to a taping of the Oprah Winfrey show in Chicago! I am SO excited! This will be my 3rd trip to the Windy City, but my first time to really experience it. The previous times I visited were for business, and our days were so busy that we had no energy at the end of the day to explore the city. This will be the "break" that I SO need! I am anxiously counting down the days until I am headed on a jet plane to Chicago. Another SWEET thing about this trip is that we don't have to go in debt for me to go, so I will be able to enjoy it even more knowing that I won't have to pay for it when I get back :)
Greys Anatomy...what can I say but I LOVE IT! I have only caught on to the show the past few months so I wasn't quite up to speed and was missing a few key episodes. I found out yesterday that my SIL is also a devote fan, and she has the complete 1st season on DVD. So I borrowed it, and haven't been able to stop watching it since. So many ups and down, learning curves, laughs, cries etc go into this amazing show. It has made me smile more than a few times, and choke up as well. I only have 2 more episodes to watch and then I will be caught up! For those of you who haven't watched it, I recommend it!

0 comments: