Feb 21, 2009

The BIG Picture...

Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up in the HERE & NOW that I forget about the BIG picture. A few days ago Tyler gave me some very good news (sorry I can't share) and I was just so excited. Although this "thing" will happen if 4.5 years it was still thrilling and it really got me thinking. I tend to focus on today...this hour...this minute and what I have to do and what needs to get accomplished. I really am a person who loves gratification NOW. I don't like to wait for things to happen I like to MAKE them happen. When it comes to monetary things I have an attitude of buy now...PAY later (I know totally NOT good). I'm not excessive in that area though, which is a good thing. I tend not to look a the BIG picture of the gratification which comes from saving for things you want. It is hard for me to visualize the results at the end of the road. I am totally envious of people who can SAVE for things they want. I know I could do it but it would take SO much self control...something I am working on.
I have found myself thinking about what life will be like in a few years. What the kids will be doing, who their friends will be, if they will be doing well in school & if they will still be the GOOD kids that they are. I wonder what Gracie will look like with her hair all grown in and how she will toddle around when she starts to walk. I have been wondering about our economy and how scary things are getting. Tyler hasn't been to work ALL week...which has been kinda nice. He has been so sweet to let me sleep in ALL week and has gotten up with the baby every night. I have been totally spoiled. But staying home = no $ which = a grumpy wife and a rough life. Ha Ha...that rhymes. LOL! Thankfully he is back to work today.
I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of the plan of salvation. To me that is the BIG picture in life. We know where we came from and where we are going when we leave this earth. That gives me so much comfort. We also know all the steps we need to take in order to reach the end goal. We have guidelines set for us to follow to help make life easier, and a Saviour who is there to help us take each step. How thankful I am for this knowledge and guidance in my life. I am also thankful for each new day...each new sunrise. I am so happy that I have each day to start over, to re-group and do things better than I did the day before. I am thankful for friends and family who NEVER give up on me and my imperfections, who help me want to be a better person. I am so grateful for a husband who loves me unconditionally and PUTS up with me. I know sometimes it isn't easy. I am thankful for children who are so forgiving and pray for their mom. Tyson said in his prayer the other night, "please bless mom that she won't be grumpy anymore." After his prayer I said, "I wasn't grumpy." and he replies with, "then why were you yellin at us?" Hmmmm...I guess they really do notice. I am thankful for a healthy body and the ability I have to be active. I think too often I take good health for granted. I am thankful for this beautiful February day...the sun is shining, there is NO wind, and I have a feeling it is going to be a GREAT day!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great post... I can totally agree with you on so many things. I too am looking forward to the future and all that it holds. Grace is going to be just as darling when she is older with her long hair...LOL