Feb 15, 2009

Photo Friday...A Few Days Late...

I know I am a few days late but I wanted to get a picture of Tyler & I on Valentine's day...so that is why Photo Friday is a few days late. To celebrate Valentine's day we went out to supper with my sister Tiffany and her husband Trevor. We went to the Keg, one of our favorite places to go for a really nice supper. It was a nice evening out with great friends/family.

Some people may think that Valentine's day is an unnecessary holiday to celebrate when you are married. They think that you should show your significant other that you love them EVERY day not just on Valentine's day. I tend to agree somewhat. I know that we should show love always to those we are married to but I think Valentine's is just a special day to tell them AGAIN how much they mean to us. I always look forward to V-day cause I know Tyler will give me a card expressing his love for me and how much he appreciates me. I know he does this on a regular occasion but there is just something about having it written down that I love. I too love picking out a card for her and expressing to him how wonderful he is to my and the kids. This V-day he didn't disappoint me and I loved reading my card.

As a wife and mother sometimes I feel like I just get run down with everyday life. The running here and there, the endless meals to cook and clean up. The piles...and PILES of laundry that is NEVER done, and the continual housework. It is easy to feel un-appreciated and overlooked for all a wife and mother does. I have to admit I have felt this way often. But it doesn't' take much to turn those hum drum feelings into ones of admiration and appreciation. Just a simple, "I love you mom," can change the most monotonous day into a wonderful day. How is that out kids seem to know exactly when we need a little pick me up? It seems they are so in tune to us they know when we need a little extra boost. I also think my husband is quite in tune with me and my moods. He can almost sense when I need a "Girls Night Out," and doesn't' complain when I go and leave him with the kids...and all the supper to clean up. He often surprises me with flowers to show me he loves me. I don't take this for granted that I have a husband to physically shows me how much he appreciates me. He really does know my LOVE LANGUAGE. I read a book called, The Five Love Languages awhile ago and it really was an eye opener for me. It was such a good book and I recommend it to everyone. You may think you know your spouse but by reading this book you may find out you didn't know him as well as you thought. It was definitely food for thought for me.

As this V-day has come and gone I have made a mental note to not let the next V-day come around again before I give Tyler another card expressing to him how much he means to me. It shouldn't take a holiday to make us remember those we love and to express that love by writing it down to them. So here is to many many more LOVE letter to come.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the fun V-day supper..good times girl ! Thanks for bringing that camera along too...lol

Rayanna Hogg said...

FUN!! Looks like you gals had a great Valentines Day with your hubbies!!

Kids sure know how to wear us out and lift us up don't they?!!

Arlene said...

I think kids know just when to say I love you because usually I am on my last nerve, and they are trying to avert a disaster. LOL. It usually works to.