Feb 11, 2009

Going TOTALLY CRAZY....For Valentine's Day...

So this year I went CRAZY with Valentine's. OVER THE TOP out of
control with all the projects I did...but it was SO fun. Although spending at least 8
hours making these gorgeous creations caused me to have a severe back ache...I
really don't have anyone to blame but myself. LOL! So here you go
step by step instructions on how to make these yummy cupcake/cookie
creations. BEWARE photo overload!


First you need one FABULOUS baker...my sister Tiffany. Honestly she is a better baker than me and I'm not afraid to admit it. She has the ULTIMATE sugar cookie recipe...but it is TOP secret! You'll have to ask her for the recipe...even I don't have it.

Cut our sugar cookies in various sizes and insert lollipop sticks. You need to roll out the dough quite thick so the stick will be completely covered with the dough when inserted.

Decorate cookies as desired. Note to self...DO NOT USE store bought icing. It won't set up and therefor it will "slip" on you when you stand the cookies up. Use butter cream icing. Tiff made the recipe off the icing sugar package and it is GREAT, so nice and fluffy!


Next bake cupcakes and decorate as desired.

Assemble cookie "pop" into cupcake. Viola...you are done!


Here they are all ready to take to Tyson's grade 1 class. I was going to wait until Friday...but that darn icing was "slipping" off the cookies, so I took them today. Seriously...DON'T use store bought. LOL!

This is a cookie bouquet that I put together for Tyson's teacher...Mrs. Kerr. She is the BEST grade 1 teacher EVER!

And here is a little something I put together for the ladies I visit teach. Super easy, cheap and CUTE! The vinyl my sister and I designed. She has a vinyl business in case you didn't know. Go check out her blog...The Vinyl Boutique.

Carson's pre-school class didn't celebrate Valentine's day, what they did instead was have a Friendship day. So I made these cute flowers out of paper and then you stick a sucker through the middle for the stem. SO CUTE...and EASY to do. Here is the link for the template if you want to download it.

Carson was excited to take them to his class. So for friendship day they were told to bring a healthy snack to share with a friend...I was bummed cause I made the cute cookie cupcakes for it. But I ended up sending just the cookie on a stick along with mandarin oranges. So the kids can have the something healthy...and NOT.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Valentine's day tomorrow. Whether you stay home or go out...make sure you tell those you love that YOU LOVE THEM!

5 comments:

Christal said...

wow martha you are incrediable!! Seriously look at all you guys did! Best mom award too!

Jessie said...

You are great to do all of this. They turned out wonderful, I am sure that his class loved every bite. I do have a trick for you in regards to your store bought icing problems! Add 1 cup of icing sugar to it and blend it well. It actually makes it taste like homemade and holds up a little better too!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

you guys are so crafty! i LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

holy valentines!! they are so cute. love the idea!

The Molcak's said...

Your cookies are super cute! Love the bouquet, I wish I was HALF as crafty!lol!