This may seem like a weird post but I need to write it down so I don't forget and so my kids can look back and remember too.
When Tyler and I first met he had another "women" in his life. Melody...his truck. She was his pride and joy and he took such good care of her. First a little history on Tyler and him naming vehicles. He has ALWAYS done it, and spoken about them as if they are people. Funny I know, but it is kinda cute and has grown on me over the years. He has had several other trucks before Melody...Sheila & the International. He names every vehicle/trailer we have ever own. Here is a little run down of the "other" member of our family:
Melody: Truck
Nancy: Van
Francis: New Trailer
Shirley: Old Trailer
You get the idea. So this brings me to our newest member...Margaret a.k.a. Large Marg, Tyler has been looking for a newer truck that would better suit our growing family. We don't use the truck that often so we didn't need anything brand new. Something with 4 doors and more roomy for the 3 kids. Melody was only and extended cab and we were both sick and tired of getting kids feet kicked in our back when we went somewhere. So Tyler finally found a truck that was bigger...much bigger much to my dislike, and something we could afford quite easily. So we bought Marg...a purple/blue 4 door, long box duly! TOTALLY HUGE...but newer than Melody and was owned by a grandpa and in great condition.
So now it was time to sell Melody. I was feeling quite nostalgic about selling her. She had taken Tyler and I on our first date, our honeymoon, many date nights. We brought our first baby home in here, took many camping trips with her & I even crashed her and Tyler still loved me after that, and was more concerned about me than "her." LOL! She had helped us make lots of fun memories with our kids. So yesterday when the kid came and took her away for the last time I was sad to see her go. I hope he takes good care of her...but what are the chances of that with a 16 year old kid? So it is will a little sadness that we say goodbye to Melody our trusted, reliable truck...and welcome MARG into the family.
I don't have a picture of Marg yet...Tyler wants to wash her and get her all shiny first. LOL! But I will post one soon.




3 comments:
Awww, bye Melody. It's funny how nostalgic we get. Our family names our vehicles too. But the name is related to the color. Red Rocket (my first car, loved it), Purple Nurple (our first van), and our van now (Green Goblin, A.J. loves Super Heros). We haven't named our new trailer or Daddy's truck yet. We'll have to get on that.
how funny!!! love that he names his vehicles. Rus loves trucks, he never has named them, maybe secretly he does. it said you named your van, we are looking and wondering what you have. just wondering if you like it!! Make sure you show a picture of Large Marg!!!
Sad! I love that truck I always wanted a green chevy! But I'm sure you'll love the room of lrg marg!
I know what you mean though with all the memories and the vehicles! Old red still runs and is sitting in the back yard nice eh! But it does hold a lot of memories! have a good weekend! ttys
Post a Comment