Okay I usually try not to complain on my blog, but this is my journal in a way and so I feel that I need to express my feelings, even the feelings of complaint. So today is Valentine's Day, a day to express your love to those you love, and show extra appreciation. Well I called my DH today to see what he wanted to do tonight and he said this to me. "I have to be honest with you, I'm really not feeling Valentine's today. I don't have anything planned, so I hope your not disappointed." How could I not be disappointed! We had already discussed that we weren't going to buy any gifts for each other cause we just bought a van, and that would be our gift to each other. But we could have still gone out to supper or a movie. But now we aren't doing anything! Just staying home like it is a regular day. I must admit I am bummed out by it, and even more bummed that I was told that nothing was planned. It kind of made me feel very unimportant and I surly wasn't feeling the love from my husband. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I went out and bought some expensive chocolate to have fondue tonight after the kids went to bed. I also bought a bottle of sparkling raspberry drink. I love chocolate fondue, so if this treat isn't really appreciated by my DH, then at least I will enjoy it. Hopefully though this will put him in a better mood. I know that he has been stressed out quite a bit over work. Last week another operator in Swift Current quite, so that means double the work for Tyler until they hire another person. I have also decided that I am not going to complain about him being gone. It really doesn't help matters. I know that he wants to be home with us, and sometimes he just can't manage it. Me complaining only adds to his stress. So I am praying hard every day for extra strength with managing the house and the kids while he works. So far...so good.So although this didn't start out as a very good Valentine's day, hopefully by the little effort I put out will pay off.
Feb 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
(((hugs)))) Hope you had a good time and you both enjoyed the fondue. Stress sucks. Hope things get fixed in SC for him.
Post a Comment