Feb 21, 2007

Space Bags...A GREAT Invention!

WHEW where does the time go? It goes by WAY TO FAST! I have been busy...but what else is new. I am happy to report that I have all the candles unpack and on the shelves and ...ready to be SOLD. Yipee!! I had to share one of the best inventions. A while ago at Costco Tyler saw these bags. They are called Space Bags. You place your items in the bag and then attach the vacuum to it and it sucks all the air out making the items in the bag at least 1/2 the size. So we bought some with the intent on using them for our extra blankets in the spare bedroom closet, to make room for the junk I didn't need in the computer room...so I would have more room for the candles. Here is a picture of the before and after:




















I don't know if you can really tell in the picture just how much smaller the "after" is, but these bags really do work. I should have taken a picture of the closet before the blankets were in the bags. Now there is extra room in the closet, where before you could hardly close the door. I am thinking of putting the kids old clothes in the bags and shrinking them down too. These space bags are a great storage idea. I am a happy girl to have 2 closets that were once a disaster neat and organized now!

For the past few weeks I have been getting ready for an enrichment class. We were going to be making FHE Boards, THANKS Heather for the GREAT idea! I was happy to have the night finally arrive and see all the sisters complete their projects. It was fun to see everyone express themselves through the colors they chose. I have to admit though... I was happy when the night was over. It takes so much time and preparation to pull a big project off, but in the end it was so rewarding. The girls were so thankful for all the time we put into getting the project together. My only regret is that I didn't take my camera! But here is a picture of my completed board. It will hang in my kitchen. I LOVE it!
I also made another craft this past week. I guess I have been in the "crafty" mood. This was a kit I purchased from Joanne, (thanks again Heather!) Joanne is a great person, and SO fun to work with. I feel bad for her cause she had to put up with me changing my mind a dozen times. But I am very happy with this wreath. I most importantly LOVE the quote. " Where there is Love in the heart, there is Joy in the home." How true this quote is! I am glad that I came across it, and that it is displayed in my home where I see it many, many times a day. It is a good reminder for me to be happy!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the square wreath, I never thought I would like it , but I love what you did with your. You crafty girl !!! Thanks for all the hard work you did for the FHE boards.