Sep 15, 2005

10 Lessons I Want to Teach My Kids

Okay her is a spin off from Jenna's blog. Thanks for the idea Jeanna...YOU ROCK!

10 Lessons I want to Teach My Kids (In no particular order):

1. Be Christ like. Do what Jesus would do. Follow his example, and you can never go wrong.
2. Treat others as you would want to be treated.
3. Stand up for what you know is right...even if you aren't following the crowd.
4. Be honest in EVERYTHING...even if you think you will be in trouble. If you LIE you will be in more trouble when we find out!
5. Don't say anything at all if you can't say anything nice.
6. Be kind to the "under dog." My mom taught me this great lesson, and I LOVE her for it!
7. Surround yourself with good friends, people who will lift you up and make you feel good about yourself.
8. Do your best in all you do!
9. There is no such thing as CAN'T!
10. Work hard for the things you want in life, it will make the reward so much better, and you will appreciate it more, and take care of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job jodes, well if evertime I read your blog I am going to get in trouble for not commenting I better start....lol. I love the 10 lessons that you want to teach your kids...some that I would add are: Love like you have never loved before, laugh often, take time for family, think before you speak...especially if it isn't nice. Love ya jodes. Hope you are having a great day.

Jenna said...

Great Lessons. Very important lessons. If you instill these values in them, they will grow up to be great men.