My day started out GREAT! I got up early and was able to do some reading and get caught up on that. Then I went on a 2 hour walk with my sister and friend. Yes 2 whole hours! It was GREAT! It was such a beautiful morning. The kids like to get out in the fresh air, and I felt revived and ready for my day. When I got home though I had a very depressing phone call from a Mr. Reynolds. A year or so ago my sister and I opened a little business...and in the beginning it was GREAT, but now there have been several repercussion. We made enough money that we had to start charging GST, and then had the hassle of paying to the government. Then when tax time came along we were penalized very highly! $1800 EACH! OUCH! So I thought after that we would be finished with having to "pay" for this little business venture, not the case! I got a letter in the mail a month or so ago stating I was under investigation from Employment Insurance because I was making money at the same time I was on maternity leave. BAD IDEA! So after gathering all the information for Mr. Reynolds, he came to the conclusion that I have to pay back E.I. a whopping $3000! I am so bummed I can't even think straight! Just when Tyler and I were finally out of debt and starting to work on staying that way we are hit with this! I guess this is a trial that God wants us to go through, and when we finally make it through we will be stronger and better because of it. But it is SO hard to see it like that now. So back to the drawing board. How are we going to be able to work this little $3000 expense into our budget? It is beyond me...but I know we will be able to do it...but it sure won't be easy!
Sep 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hang in there JODES...I know that totally sucks. Great advice for me though NOT to make any money while on EI. Don't worry you will be able to pay it off in no time...just no funds for the fun stuff for awhile I guess. Love Tiff
(((hugs))) Jodi I hope you guys figure it out. That number seems really high though - I mean I work full time and I dont think my EI is that high!
Good luck. I hope it gets straightened out.
Awww... that is not cool at all. Interesting to learn, but not cool at all.
Post a Comment