Jan 5, 2006

Making A Change For The Better...

Let me explain the title for my blog entry today. My youngest sister Kimberley has had a rough couple of years. When she was 17 she got pregnant, which caused an upset in our family, but in the end I have never seen my parents accept and love anyone more through such a hard time. In the end I gained a beautiful niece, and my sister became a mother. She then moved in with her boyfriend and they began their life together. Although none of us approved of their living arrangement, we all just kept hoping and praying that one day she would see the light and realize that she deserved better. The walls were up for her, and no matter what we did or said she wouldn't listen. The more we were negative towards her situation the more she resented and kept her distance from us. It has been tough, there are no other words to describe it. We have really tried, tried to include her, tried to accept her "boyfriend", tried to make them all apart of our family. I have seen my sister come to many family events with endless excuses why her "other half" wasn't there. She had every excuse in the book, it was beginning to become repetitive, and none of us were falling for it. But still we persisted, and tried the best we could. Over Christmas we did see "him" although it was only for a very short time. It seemed like maybe, just maybe he was going to start coming around. We tried not to bring the subject up and just enjoy the holidays together. I guess that is the short end of it, but you get the idea.
Then a few days ago I get a call that Kimberley has moved out and she is moving in with my middle sister. She has left "him" for good and she wants more for her life. I couldn't believe it! I was shocked and in the back of my mind I really didn't think that it would last. That they probably had a big fight and she just needed to get away for awhile. So far I have been wrong. She really wants more out of life. She has admitted that she isn't in love with "him" and she know "he" isn't the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with. She wants to start coming to church, and she wants better for her daughter. We are all elated! Her whole countenance has changed. It is like night and day. She is happy, excited about what the future holds for her and her precious little girl. I am proud of her for making this change, a change I know will bring her happiness. The future for her is bright, there is no limit to what he can achieve. She only needs to make a decision and go for it! The hardest decision has already been made, the rest will only lead to more happy endings.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Jodi I am so happy for your sister and her daughter. Sometimes we (everyone) have to learn by doing. It is a hard lesson to learn but I am glad that everything has worked out for her. I wish her all the best of luck with her future choices.