Jan 7, 2006

Teaching The Gift Of Giving...

Today Tyson was invited to a birthday party. So early this morning we headed into Lethbridge to buy a gift for the birthday boy. All the way into town we discussed what we should buy. Tyson had lots of ideas. He asked if he was going to be able to open the presents, and I had to tell him no, that this was Dawson's birthday not his, and that he was invited to help him celebrate his special day. We had a great time walking up and down the isles in the Walmart toy section. We chose several items that Tyson thought Dawson would like. Then we narrowed it down to a : Chicken Little Eye Spy Book, Spiderman Puzzle, and a playdoh figurine. Tyson is very excited. It is great to see him learning that it is fun to give and that we don't always need to be the one on the receiving end. I can't believe how grown up he is becoming. I asked him if he was going to be a good boy at that party and he said, "yes!" I then asked him what it meant to be a good boy, and he replied, "Not fight, and use my manners." WOW, he really does know what it means to be a good boy. He truly is a good boy, and I cherish the moments I get to spend with him everyday.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

He is such a sweetie Jodi. I hope he had a good time at the party.