I am usually not an Oprah bookclub follower, I'm not one to run right out and buy the latest book added to her list. But as I watched her show a few days ago and she announced her next book called, "Night," it intrigued me and I knew that I wanted to go out and buy it. So I stayed up until I had finished reading all 120 pages of the book. It is a gripping, terrifying tale of a young Jewish boy and his family who are forced to leave their home in Hungary to be taken to a concentration camp. With every word that I read, my heart broke more and more for these people who had to suffer such a terrible atrocity. It is really hard for me to even comprehend the amount of suffering, the starvation, the fear, and the humility these innocent people had to endure. How someone could believe that these horrific events did not take place is beyond me. This was an act against humanity, against religion, against a way of life. It was a barbaric act, one that should have NEVER taken place. Reading this book opened my eyes to this great travesty. I always thought I understood it, but now I have a better understanding. I would recommend this book to everyone! The young, and to the old. For it will give you a better understanding, it will bring your emotions to the surface, it will make you ask yourself the question, "Why did this have to happen?" I pray with every fiber of my being that I will never have to witness these types of cicumstances in my life time. But that I will never forget those who suffered, and died, and for those who survived. The survivors of the Holocoust are slowly beginning to dwindle in numbers, we must never, ever forget them!
Jan 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment