While going through my morning ritual of reading blogs, I came upon this sentence that Sophia wrote. "Every decision we make today impacts tomorrow." How very true this statement is! Once again her remarkable words got me to thinking. Many of my decisions have affected my life...some for the better...others for the worst. I guess in thinking back, one of the best and hardest decisions I have ever made in my life was to get out of a relationship that only lead me to trouble and heartache, and distance myself from friends who weren't really my friends. I was lonely without these people in my life, but soon that void was filled by the greatest person in my life today. My husband Tyler. He is the reason that I changed my life! That and because I was slowly realizing that I was miserable living the way I was. The day he walked into the dentist office where I worked I knew that I had some changing to do, and he gave me a reason too. I wanted to be the type of girl that would be worthy of dating him. The changing I had to do wasn't anything earth shattering. I didn't have any bad habits that I needed to quit. But I did have to change the way I thought about myself, and change my attitude towards life. I knew that I wanted better for myself but I didn't think that I deserved it. Tyler made me feel happy and he made me feel special. I knew that he truly cared for me. Gradually my out look on life changed and I realized that I was "good enough" to be his wife. The together we would be happy going through life's journey together. The day I married him was the happiest day of my life. There have been many more happy days like that...like when our two sons were born. The 3 men in my life have brought me more joy than I ever though possible. Now I pray that when my boys are old enough to make decisions they will make ones for the good. Ones that will bring them happiness and joy.
Jan 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment