Jan 8, 2006

Sometimes I Wonder...WHY??

On days like today I wonder, "why do I even bother with dragging 2 kids to church by myself." Today was chaotic to say the least. I woke up in plenty of time to get myself and the kids ready for church. That part was easy. But once we got there...well...like I said, why did I even bother. Carson was so squirmy, he wouldn't stay in his carseat and just drink his bottle and go to sleep like he usually does. He wanted to be crawling ALL over the place getting into things that he shouldn't. Then he had to throw up on my 3 times...yes 3 times! Tyson was figity as well. He usually will do a puzzle or play quietly...but not today. He was fighting over treats with his cousin. He had to go potty in the middle of the service just as I was cleaning the throw-up of my skirt for the 3rd time. So Tiffany had to take him. I ended up spending 3/4 of the time in the hallway watching Carson crawl all over. And at the same time I was trying to make Tyson sit quietly on the seat instead of jumping from seat to seat (insert eyes rolling). Finally after the 1st service, I was able to take Tyson to Sunbeams. And I only had to deal with Carson. He wouldn't fall asleep while I rocked him. He put up a fight crying. Finally he had a little cat nap. Then I had to go and do music appreciation. Then it was back out in the hallway watching Carson crawl all over. Man did I get anything out of today...NO. But I went because church is where I know I should be on Sunday. Even if I didn't get anything out of the meetings, atleast Tyson did in his little Sunbeam class. He loves it, and so that makes all of the above worth it. I am thankful and happy to be home now. Carson is sleeping quietly, and Tyson is watching a movie. Who knows...maybe I will even get a nap in today.

0 comments: