Mar 24, 2006

A Death In The Family...

Today we had a tragic loss in our family! Today in the early morning TH55 was the victim of a tragic drowning accident. The suspect, is a 14 month old adorable baby boy, who claims he didn't know what he was doing. The witness, a 3 1/2 year old boy, claims that the suspect dropped TH55 from high above the ground, where he plunged to his death in a tub full of water. The owner of TH55 had his back turned for only a moment, and in the blink of an eye his best friend suffered a tragic death. Funeral services are scheduled for later this evening. Our condolences go out to Tyler, our prayers are with him as he goes through this terrible loss!
Now those of you who have read the above are probably wondering, "What the heck is she talking about?" Well let me explain it to you. Ever since I have know Tyler he has been a "write it down" type of person. First he had "Mr.Book," a day planner he took EVERYWHERE! He wrote absolutely everything down. It was his constant companion until I came along, and even then I had to compete. LOL! A few years ago we had our garage broken into and Mr. Book was stolen. Before hand Tyler had been thinking about getting a PDA, but was still skeptical, and wondered if it would do what he wanted it to do. So after Mr. Book was stolen I bought him a PDA for Christmas, and gave it to him early, because he was going to go out and buy a replacement for Mr. Book. Anyway that one lasted quite awhile. To make a LONG story short...we have been through 3 more PDA's. The last one got dropped in the toilet, and that was another death in the family. I swore I wouldn't buy another expensive one because he had gone through so many. Well I caved and bought him the exact model he wanted for Christmas. He was SO happy. I told him it had to last 3 years, so treat it like gold. Well this morning his luck and out when he left if on the night stand and Carson got a hold of it and dropped it in the tub! Oh man the look on poor Tyler's face. It was so devastating. I felt so bad for the guy, he was almost in tears. But he handled it very well, and said that it wasn't the end of the world, and he would have to use the old...old one. But I know that he was really upset about it. So yes we suffered another tragic death in our family.
Then to top ALL that off...Tyler came home from work and told me that his partner at work is quitting. Tyler likes him so much and they really get along, but they guy can't handle the crazy schedule and the unpredictability of it. So it has been a rough day for my man. He needs some extra hugs and kisses today. We did manage to get over to play some cards with friends tonight and that seemed to bright his spirits up a bit. Tomorrow is a new day, and things will seem much better. And who knows maybe the PDA fairly will be able to find another one on EBAY. I'm sure that would put the smile back on her husbands face!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That's funny Jodi... at first I was like, "OH NO" and then started to realize this would be funny... poor tyler...

Jenny Jones said...

You are such a good writer. I was totally into it and then realized it was not so serious. Poor Tyler! Good thing kids are so cute and lovable.