As we drove home late last night from visiting family, I looked up at the most brilliant night sky I have seen in a long time. I have often taken for granted the beauty of the world I live in. Last night though, I marveled at those beautiful stars shining so brightly in the sky, a million miles away. I noticed the big dipper and wondered how many others were seeing the same thing I was. I began to think how blessed I was to be able to see this awesome sight. With nothing but night sky that stretched for miles and miles, as far as the eye could see. I thought how others around the world were not as lucky because they wouldn't be able to enjoy this beauty as I was. There night sky was filled with towering skyscrapers, street lights, and pollution. Some would think that I was the unlucky one because I live in a place where there isn't all that hustle and bustle. But for me, to live on the wide open prairie of Southern Alberta is what beauty is to me. For my children to be able to look up and wish on a star like I have done so many times in the past. For them to be able to drive on a highway where they may not see a city or town for miles, where they can run free in an open field of wheat, where they can ride a horse with nothing but wind blowing through their hair. That is where I find beauty, and peace. The saying really is true, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So whether you view the night sky from a 50th floor window, or driving on a lone highway going through the wide open prairie, there really is beauty in all things! It is all in the way we look at things.
Mar 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment