I have been on kick lately where I have been trying a lot of new recipes. The other day I mentioned I was making bread pudding for snack at Parent Pre-school. Well it turned out FABO, so I thought I would share it. You're Pudding Me On
Warm banana bread pudding with chocolate chips and pecans
10 to 12 large slices bread. Day old bread or buns works well too.
2 cups 2% milk
2 c. mashed ripe bananas
1 c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
4 whole eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp each vanilla and cinnamon
3/4 c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. chopped pecans
- Break bread into 1 inch pieces and place in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. The dish should be full to over flowing with bread
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, bananas, yogurt, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread. Using your hands mix bread cubes with milk mixture so that all pieces are coated. Let stand for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans to mixture just before baking. Reserve some and sprinkle them on top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until pudding is puffed up and golden brown and center is set. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Can be served with either ice cream, or whipping cream.



1 comments:
Oh my goodness that sounds so yummy! I am going to have to try this. Is it from the same book as your last one?
Post a Comment