Mar 29, 2006

Favorite Things About...


There is this blog that I read, as well as get ideas from a friends blog, and it is titled 10 on Tuesday. So I jumped ahead and decided to do next weeks topic. It is "10 Favorite Things About SPRING!"
  1. Easter! I love reflecting on the ultimate sacrifice my Savior paid for me, as well as all mankind. That because of his great love for us he paid for all our sins, although he was a perfect man, and lived a perfect life, and was and still is the perfect example to us. He sacrificed his life so that one day we may return and live with him again.
  2. Seeing the first signs of tulips and daffodils poke their heads through the ground after a long winters nap.
  3. Spring showers.
  4. Easter candy & chocolate. Especially Mini Eggs. YUMMY!
  5. Baby animals on Tyler's parents ranch. There is just something about holding a baby chicken, or feeding a baby goat that I look forward to and love each spring!
  6. Dying Easter Eggs. I have been doing this with Tyson the past couple of years and he LOVES it! Can't wait to do it again in the next week or two.
  7. Getting out in my yard and doing spring clean up.
  8. Finally being nice enough to go out for a walk or a bike ride. The LONG winter is hard on the kids being cooped up without any fresh air.
  9. BBQing
  10. Planting sweet peas, and other flowers in my yard.

I guess from this list of favorite things you can see I like Easter a lot! I have never really thought about it, but I guess I really do like this holiday. I get excited when I go into Walmart and all the Easter candy is out, and all the other fun Easter knick knacks are on display. I have to admit that I have already boughten my kids Easter presents. They had the cutest baskets at Walmart, and I caved and bought one, although I already have one for Tyson, you can't have too many Easter baskets can you? LOL!

I guess I am going to post about 10 Things That People Do That Annoy Me, (this weeks topic).

  1. Leave there cell phone on in a movie.
  2. When people take their baby to a movie and won't leave the theater if the baby starts to fuss.
  3. Swearing. I remember going to a movie quite a few years ago and there were some people sitting behind Tyler and I and one guy was using the "f"word after every word. I was fuming! Finally I couldn't take it any longer and turned around and politely asked him to stop using that kind of language. He quickly apologized and didn't use profanity any more. I could elaborate more on this subject...but I won't...I just don't think that using profanity is an appealing characteristic for anyone. I'm not 100% perfect, but I try to watch what I say. I need to do this more, because I catch Tyson repeating things that I have said. In fact the other day I said to him, "Tyson come out side with mom, I have a job for you to do. You can help me pick up all the pinecones in the front yard." He replied by saying, "That is a crap job! I don't want to pick up the pinecones." WOW did that open my ears. We have to be ever so careful with what we say, we never know who might be listening and who might repeat it!
  4. Drive SLOW in the FAST lane, or don't go the speed limit.
  5. People who don't signal when they are turning.
  6. People who answer their cell phone and hold a conversation when you are in the middle of something. (I have to admit that my DH does this...and it BUGS me SO BAD!) Probably the 1 thing we argue about the most.
  7. Compulsive liars. People who lie and don't even know they are because they do it all the time! There is NO good time to lie, at least that is what I have found in my experience.
  8. People who are pessimistic about everything and everyone.
  9. When people can't put something back where it belongs, and then they ask you where it is.
  10. People who don't hold doors open. This bugs the heck out of me. What happened to people's manners?

One more thing to mention...sorry I know this has been LONG! Yesterday my sister and I enjoyed a beautiful day taking the kids to the park for a picnic and then on a bike ride. While at the park I heard Tyson saying, "I have to go pee!" Then I turned around and he had his pants around his ankles and was attempting to "do his business." I quickly stopped him...before he got started and pulled him away and closer to a bush when he was a little more inconspicuous. BOYS! This was the first time he has ever done that...and I didn't teach him HOW to do that. Then....in the afternoon we went across the street to try and fly a kite, there wasn't a breath of wind. But we tried anyway. We were all at the bottom of the hill and Tyson was standing on top of the hill. I turn around and look at him and what do I see? His pants around his ankles again...and he is peeing! Then he tries to run down the hill with his pants around his ankles and his little bare butt mooning everyone! When he reaches me he said, "I went pee." We all had a good laugh over my little exhibitionist! In a way it is nice to have boys for this reason...it is very convenient when they HAVE to go. But on the other hand...you never know WHEN they are going to go, of WHERE! LOL!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't get me going on swearing! I can. not. stand. that! Makes me crazy when I hear teens speaking that way especially in front of my children! I have asked them to stop before too and only once have I had a negative response! Great list and I agree with you on all of them. We call the not turning of the blinker an "Eventual right or left". ;) Have a great day!

Sophia