Mar 4, 2006

Random Thoughts For Today...

  • Nothing too exciting happened today. Tyson was able to play his new computer games, and I was able to make 2 beaded necklaces and earrings to match. My sister and I were bored yesterday so she decided we needed to go to Michaels to get supplies to make a craft. You have to know my sister...she isn't that crafty. But sometimes she gets things in her head and there is NO stopping her. We actually found some really pretty beads, and came home and made our jewelry. It was really fun, and very time consuming. But I am very happy with the end result.
  • We had fun at family skate this afternoon. Tyson and I played cat and mouse, and I can't believe HOW fast my little boy is getting. I know, I know...I have bragged enough about how proud I am of his new found love of ice skating. (insert smiling mother's face here!)
  • I was able to scrapbook tonight. AHHH I love being creative. Love the outlet, and how relaxing it makes me. Here is the LO I did tonight. Once again inspired by Vicki!

After reading Sophia's blog this morning about how her and her DH are opposites, I could totally relate to her. My DH and I are very opposite as well. In fact, somedays I am still amazed at how we ended up together, and I count my blessings that we did, but to me it really is a miracle. You see Tyler is a total cowboy. Born (literally almost, another blog entry all in its own) on a ranch, and raised there all his life. His family income was earned by the horse training/selling business run by his dad. At a very early age Tyler was taught to ride even the most wild horses on the ranch. It was here that he learned the value of work, learned to LOVE country music, Wrangler Jeans, and of course cowboy boots. I on the other had was a "city" girl. Well I grew up in town. I didn't like to get dirty, I guess you could say I was (well still am) a girly girl. I was taught the value of work, but just not the gettin down and dirty kind. I would kick and scream when asked to help in the garden, I would rather be domestic in the house. In high school, when I began to notice the opposite sex, I was attracted to the "jocks" I guess. The football or basketball stars. Tall, blondes with blue eyes, preppie clothes, and daddies fancy vehicle. You know the guys I am talking about...good looks, but nothing much to speak of when it comes to brains. In college I dated the "jocks", and quickly found out that they weren't the guys I wanted for my life long companion. Not to say that all "jocks" are bad guys, cause they aren't, I just happened to date a few who were. When Tyler walked into the dental office where I worked after finishing college, I was totally attracted to him, Wrangler BUTT and all! And boy oh boy...did that BUTT look good! LOL!! I'm sure he wasn't expecting to fall in love with a girl who wore $100 jeans (can't and WON'T do that anymore), and listened to music whom he had never heard of. Can you believe that the longer Tyler and I dated...I started to convert to a country girl! I even surprise myself when I found myself asking my younger sister if I could wear her tight fitting Wrangler jeans, just to impress this boy who had stolen my heart. You may be wondering where all the info is going. Well I guess the bottom line is that "Opposites DO attract." There is nothing more simple than that. Look at yourself and your spouse, boyfriend, or significant other. Your opposites right? Tyler and I continue to be opposites, here are a few other things that make us opposite:

  1. I am a Shop-o-holic! Tyler rarely buys anything for himself.
  2. I LOVE tomatoes and cheese, Tyler can't STAND them!
  3. I love trying new foods, I have to twist his arm to try something new.
  4. Tyler would rather stay at home and watch a movie cuddled up in front of the fire, where as I would rather go out on the town.
  5. I would LOVE to travel the world (well to hot places with beautiful beaches), and his idea of a holiday is pulling our trailer all over the country side searching for the perfect camp site. (Don't get me wrong, I do love camping too.)
  6. I still love to rock out to an upbeat tempo type of music. Bring on Gwen or Madonna. Tyler STILL loves good old country, and I have to admit...I love it too, but every now and then I like to spice it up.
  7. Tyler is a electronic freak! He has to carry is phone and palm pilot EVERYWHERE! Drives me totally bonkers. I on the other hand, don't have any electronic device glued to my hip.
  8. Tyler is a very organized, list making type of person. I prefer to use my brain. Most times it works great and I hardly forget anything. But once in awhile it does let me down.
  9. I love to cook, Tyler detests it. His idea of cooking is visiting the local Chinese food restaurant.
  10. Tyler doesn't have any addictions (well me I guess. LOL!) but I do...chocolate!

I guess all of these "opposites" make Tyler and I the people we are. I know that I love everything about him, wranglers and all! I wouldn't change our opposites for anything, although if he did like tomatoes and cheese it would be easier for me to make supper. LOL!

  • Thought I would share another font site for all you font freaks! THANKS Heather!
  • I have fallen in love with the new Jack Johnson CD! You just gotta love this guy! And for all you country music lovers, you HAVE to get the new Brooks and Dunn CD. It is SO darn good, just like all their music is. Check out track #11 & #8. LOVE THEM!
  • I have watched a few DVD's the past few days. "Proof", and "Walk the Line." Proof, well what can I say but "what the heck, that was stupid." It was good, and you think it just going to get better...and then...well you just have to watch it to know what I am talking about, I don't want to spoil it. "Walk the Line," was as good as everyone has been saying. I really liked it, and I just LOVE Reese Witherspoon, and she did a fabulous job. I hope she wins the Oscar. GO REESE!

WOW, this has be to be the LONGEST blog entry ever for me. Sorry so long. Lots to ramble on about I guess.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OKAY OKAY I totally detest the comment about me in your blog. That really wasn't nice. I am not crafty...what are you kidding me, and you have it totally all wrong who is the one that when she gets something in her mind she can't help but have it right that minute. Grrr. good thing I still love ya. lol