Mar 14, 2006

A Wealth Of Information...

I have began to collect all of the information needed for my Big Picture Scrapbooking class and I have been so engrossed in all of the family history that has been done for my family. I am SO excited for this class, and excited for the upcoming weekly challenge. The 1st week we were to collect all the info we wanted to include. I contacted both of my grandma's because I knew they would have the info I was looking for. My grandma Heninger (my mother's mom) has been very diligent in keeping very accurate records of her parents as well as my grandfather's parents. She has compiled binders FULL of info. A complete life history for them. I am so thankful for her dedication to this daunting task. It is hard for me to even comprehend the amount of time she has taken to compile these treasured memories and records. As I have been going through these binders, reading stories of my great grandparents I am truly amazed at their faith, perseverance , and dedication to church, family and community. These truly are treasures for our family. I had such a fun time filling out my family pedigree chart, finding birth dates, wedding dates, and death dates of long ago ancestors.
This is a picture of my Grandpa & Grandma Heninger ( my mother's parents.) I am so happy and excited to create this creative genealogy lunch pail kit to pass on to my children. I hope they will enjoy learning about their ancestors as much as I have been.
We all have roots, we all have ancestors who have come and gone before us. We are where we are and WHO we are because of their struggles, hardships, triumphs, and sacrifices. Many of our family members were pioneers, traveling to a world unknown to them. They had a vision of a better life, of wealth, and happiness. They pushed their fears aside and ventured off into the unknown. They paved the way so that now we are living free, and happy lives. Some of our ancestors didn't have to travel far to get to a place they would call home, but none the less they endured trials and fought many battles for our freedoms. Where would I be if it weren't for the hardships and sacrifices of those in my family who came before me? Would I be the person I am today? I think the answer to this question would be NO. I was reared and raised in a family whose values, morals, and integrity were rooted long before I was born on this earth. How thankful I am to those who came before me, and made my life so much easier than they had it. How thankful I am for their trials, so that now I don't have to struggle as they did. How thankful I am that FAMILY is FOREVER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking the family tree class at BPS too. I totally agree with how cool it was to find out all the info. And scary how much we don't know only 2 generations away. You're so fortunate to have a grandmother so dedicated to the history.

Tiffany said...

That is so awesome that you are doing this, I might just have to color copy it when it is all done. Lol. Our grandparents are the best. Keep up all the hard work, I am sure it will pay off.

Anonymous said...

I am taking this class too! So much fun!!!! I need to hustle and finish collecting. Still have a few grandmas left before I'm done! EEK!