Mar 27, 2006

A Resurrection...& Puppies!

From my previous post you would have know that we had a death in our family. Tyler's PDA was dropped in a tub FULL of water and wouldn't turn on, thus it suffered a tragic loss! Well last night we had a resurrection in our house! The PDA came back to life. Tyler was totally dumbfounded, and couldn't believe it when he put the battery back in and the thing lite up. He was ecstatic, and so was I cause now I don't have to fork over the money for a new one. It is great to see a smile back on my husbands face. Now I HOPE he learned his lesson, and realizes that little hands will find anything, and will put it anywhere!
Tyson had is skating carnival on Saturday night, and I was SO proud of him! I was smiling from ear to ear as my little Coal Miner skated on the ice, swinging his pick axe as he went. I can't believe how far the little guy has come. The first time we put on his hockey skates there was many a tear shed to get him to where he is now. Finally persistence and determination paid off! He enjoys skating now, and we love to go as a family.
Our dog Maggie is going to be a mother. We just found out or realized that she is very heavy laden with puppies this morning. Why we never noticed it before is beyond me. I guess I don't really pay attention to the dog anymore now that we have kids, and she is an outside dog. She has become Tyler's companion at work, he takes her most days. Today he came out and said "Jodi come and look at the dog, I think she is pregnant." Sure enough she is! She is huge, and her boobs (as Tyler called them) are huge and engorged. So it will probably only be a few days and we will have little puppies running all over. (insert eyes rolling here.) It will be fun, don't get me wrong, I love new puppies, and my boys will love them too. So now I am just trying to think of the perfect place for her to deliver. I think the garage is our best bet. I will be sure and take pictures of the little ones once the arrive.
Spring is definitely in the air in Southern Alberta. The weather is warming up, and I noticed today that my tulips are starting to peak their heads out of the ground. Here are some pictures of the kids at the park the other day. I love this picture of Carson discovering the pea gravel. He wouldn't STOP putting it in his mouth. Needless to say...we found some of those rocks later when we changed his diaper!
We bought a new BBQ today and I can't wait to use it! Tomorrow is the day, and I have the steaks ready to eat, along with yummy herbed potatoes. YUM! I am hoping tomorrow will be nice enough to get some yard work done. Our yard is in a shambles. Tyson is also dying to try out his new spider man kite that he got for doing so well in his skating carnival. Hopefully there will be a slight breeze tomorrow, but not a gale force wind that Southern Alberta is famous for!
On a sad note, my grandma had a minor stroke this afternoon. It came as a complete shock and it has had me very worried ever since. Apparently she is doing not too bad, and only has a minor ailment from it. She isn't paralyzed on one side, and is able to understand, speak, and stand with a bit of help. She isn't able to focus with her eyes very well, but the Dr.'s are hopefully that she will be able to recover quickly from it. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

(((hugs))) I hope your grandma is doing ok and gets better quickly.