Many of you know that Tyson has been taking skating lessons...and it has been a bit of a battle. Well I am so pleased to announce that he is GETTING IT...and LIKING IT! The last 2 weeks have been a major improvement. He hasn't been crying for me to be on the ice with him, and he is actually spending more time skating around, than lying on the ice. He has wanted to be a free spirit though, and not stay and participate with his group. But I figured that as long as he is skating and NOT crying that was a big bonus and improvement. Today when he went (he now goes 2 times a week to prepare for the skating carnival at the end of the month,) I have a talk with him and told him that I wanted to him to practice staying with his group and listening to what the teacher was telling him. Because he would miss out on all the fun games if he didn't stay with the group. He was so darn proud when he got home to tell me that he was a GOOD boy, and that he stayed with his group. Man am I a proud mamma or what?? YES I AM! Tyler said that is has improved so much, and that is is one of the better skaters in his class. I gave Tyson a big hug and told him how proud I was. He was grinning from ear to ear.
I tried a new recipe tonight...and it was FABO! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT! I love spicy food, and this was just perfect. Just the right amount of heat. Here it is...for those of you who like it HOT!
I'm Dreaming of a White Chili
Creamy and delicious tomatoless chicken chili
Taken from "Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry."
2 tsp olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. diced celery
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. each ground cumin and dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3 c. chicken broth
1 1/2c. milk
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chopped green chilies
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
shredded cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick soup pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until no longer pink. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and coriander to chicken. Mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and stir until chicken is well coated. Stir in broth and milk. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Add beans, green chilies, slat and pepper, cayenne pepper to chicken mixture. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove chili from heat. Add cilantro. Serve with grated cheese on top.
ENJOY!
Tomorrow I have parent pre-school, and Tyson looks forward to it ALL week. He loves it, and so do I. I get to mingle with other ladies, and have a mini break from the day to day schedule. Tomorrow though I have to take snack...and I am stressing! I don't know why, but I feel the pressure to produce some wonderful, healthy appealing snack for the kids. And not to mention the pressure I feel to make something extra fancy for all the other girls to enjoy. So...I am trying something new. Could turn out great...could be a disaster. I guess I will find out tomorrow. If it tures out, I will share the recipe.
Quickly did this LO tonight. It is a TOTAL scraplift from Vicki. She is such an AWESOME scrapbooker, and I get so much inspiration from her. THANKS Vicki, for creating such beautiful LO's that inspire me! The only thing I am not 100% happy with is how harsh the black looks. I didn't have a thin marker to use, and being the impatient person I am...I used a sharpie :( LOL!
2 comments:
That's awesome that Tyson is improving! Very cute layout, and have fun bringing snack tomorrow!
Oooh....that White Chili sounds fantastic!!
Post a Comment